Equilibar is a 21-person team that designs and manufactures custom fluid control valves for research and industry around the world. We place a high emphasis on curiosity, and we value our ability to move fast to outpace larger, more bureaucratic companies. Our products have played key roles in advancing space flight, developing next-generation vaccines, testing the performance of zero emissions fuel cell engines, and much more.
As our design engineer, you will become familiar with the problems faced by the scientists and engineers who are our customers. You will develop ideas to solve those problems and turn those ideas into reality by making hypotheses using theoretical calculations. You’ll turn the theory into design using 3D modeling software, turn the design into a prototype by working with area CNC machining centers, and then modify and improve the prototype through hands-on testing until you have a product that you are proud to see marketed and sold all around the world.
- Thoroughly discuss fluid control problems with customers to understand what they are experiencing and to develop solutions to solve these problems
- Use 3D modeling software to design prototypes, taking into account mechanical stress analysis, ASME codes, pressure analysis, thermal analysis, etc.
- Work with area CNC machining centers and our own production team to collaboratively build prototypes
- Perform hands-on testing to validate, modify and improve the product until it is ready for market
- Interface closely with multidisciplinary teams to iterate on designs and validate models
- Thoroughly document the design process in a way that is easily accessed by others
- Contribute to the overall team’s efforts by helping write technical literature, work instructions and procedures; traveling to shows and customers as needed; evaluating complementary products; and performing other tasks that may be required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of fluid dynamics and the ability to learn advanced principles quickly
- Hands-on experience using 3D modeling tools in the creation of complex mechanical models, fabrication drawings and assembly drawings
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with research laboratory equipment and basic equipment and tools
- Experience utilizing laboratory and field test data to correlate and validate analytical models
- Abundance of curiosity and self motivation
- Eagerness to perform diverse tasks and contribute to an entrepreneurial mindset in which each individual wears multiple hats as needed
- Comfort in communicating with PhD level researchers and people all over the world
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or a related science or technology field
- Intern, cooperative education or related work experience
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
This position offers the potential to grow with a rapidly expanding technical company that strongly mentors talent. Benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, a matching 401K program, tuition assistance and a health insurance program. Equilibar values diversity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send a resume plus an in-depth cover letter telling us about your prior work history, education, and what particularly interests you about this position.Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calls not accepted; Recruiters not accepted
Posted: April 8th, 2019