Equilibar recommends the following for improved product longevity and performance:
- Maintain a strainer or filter upstream of the back pressure regulator.
- Conduct an annual inspection of the diaphragm integrity, especially for applications where there is strong or regular pulsing (i.e. reciprocating pump, etc.). Increased inspection frequency may be necessary for extreme condition applications.
- After inspection, it is recommended to clean the regulator prior to reassembly. (Follow assembly instructions in the Installation & Maintenance Guide shipped with the product, or download the Installation & Maintenance Guide from our website).
It is recommended to order spare parts prior to performing maintenance. The following replacement part kits are available for order:
- RBK – Rebuild Kits – replacement parts for O-rings AND diaphragms
- DI – Diaphragm Kit – replacement parts for diaphragms only
- OR – O-ring Kit – replacement parts for the O-rings only
Special product circumstances
- The Ultra Low Flow UxL Series and The Zero Flow ZF back pressure regulators have extra internal parts that may need to be replaced on an infrequent basis.
Contact an application engineer to discuss what type of replacement parts you require.
INSTALLATION & REBUILD INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS
The videos below demonstrate how simple it is to rebuild an Equilibar back pressure regulator.
The UxL back pressure regulator has a different design, so the rebuild instructions include an additional step. The video below demonstrates how to replace a “removable seat” in a UxL back pressure regulator.
If the O-ring in your repair kit appears to be too small, we recommend gently stretching out the O-ring as shown in this video with an Equilibar LF back pressure regulator.
How to Assemble an Equilibar BD Back Pressure Valve