Equilibar recommends the following for improved product longevity and performance:
- Maintain a strainer or filter upstream of the back pressure regulator
- Conduct an annual inspection of the diaphragm integrity, especially for applications where there is strong or regular pulsing (i.e. reciprocating pump, etc.). Increased inspection frequency may be necessary for extreme condition applications.
- After inspection, it is recommended to clean the regulator prior to reassembly. (Follow assembly instructions in the Installation & Maintenance Guide shipped with the product, or download the instructions from our website).
If diaphragms or O-rings are in need of replacement, replacement parts are available for order.
- RBK kits have replacement parts for O-rings AND diaphragms
- DI kits have replacement parts for diaphragms only
- OR kits have replacement parts for the O-rings only
Special product circumstances
- The ULF and ZF regulators have extra internal parts that may need to be replaced on an infrequent basis.
Contact an application engineer to discuss what type of replacement parts you require.
REBUILD INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS
The video below demonstrates how simple it is to rebuild an Equilibar back pressure regulator. The regulator in the video is a research series back pressure regulator, but the process is similar for our GS series back pressure regulators.
The ULF back pressure regulator has a different design, so the rebuild instructions include an additional step. The video below demonstrates how to replace a “removable seat” in a ULF back pressure regulator.